Serves 8 (two stuffed tomatoes each)
- 16 big tomatoes
- 900g sausage meat
- 1 onion
- 1 shallot
- 3 cloves of garlic
- parsley (as much as you want)
- 1 to 2 slices of bread
- a dash of milk
- olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Slice the top off the tomatoes and empty the flesh into a bowl. Save for later.
3. Roughly chop the onion, shallot and garlic and put in a mixer. Add the parsley and mix.
4. In another bowl, tear the bread up and add the milk.
5. Add the sausage meat and the chopped onion and parsley to the bread bowl and and mix well.
6. Put the stuffing into the tomatoes.
7. Add a drizzle of olive oil and cook in the oven for about an hour.
8. Meanwhile, drain the tomato flesh and heat in a saucepan with olive oil, salt and pepper.
9. Serve with rice and home-made tomato sauce.